Here is how to jailbreak iPhone on iOS 12.1.2-12 using Chimera Jailbreak. First of all, you need to do is inject the Chimera app onto your iOS device and then Jailbreak using it. Chimera jailbreak for iOS 12.1.2 supports both Windows and Mac.
Chimera Jailbreak is a Semi-tethered Jailbreak just like Unc0ver meaning if your device reboots then you will have to re-jailbreak it.
Unlike Unc0ver, you will have to sideload the Chimera IPA using Cydia Impactor. There is no option to directly download using iPhone’s or iPad’s Safari browser as you’d do with Unc0ver.
Chimera jailbreak compatibility
If you are running the following iOS versions like 12.1.2,12.1.1,12.1,188.8.131.52.0 then you are good to go! However supported devices for Chimera jailbreak are;
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad 6th generation (2018)
- iPad 5th generation (2017)
- iPad Air 3
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 5
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
How to Jailbreak iOS 12.1.2-12 Using Chimera Jailbreak
First of all, you need to do is inject the Chimera app onto your iOS device running iOA 12.1.2-12 and then Jailbreak using it. To get the Chimera app on your device, you need a computer/mac, Cydia Impactor and Chimera IPA file.
Just follow the steps to Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad with Chimera on iOS 12.1.2-12 on Mac or Windows.
So, before you begin, make sure you backup your device first so you don’t have to lose any files in case the Jailbreak fails.
- Download the Chimera IPA file on your computer/mac
- Download Cydia Impactor, extract it and launch it on your computer
- Now Connect your iPhone or iPad using a Lightning USB cable. After you plug in the device, Cydia Impactor should recognize the device
- Simply, drag the downloaded Chimera ipa file to the Cydia Impactor as in the screenshot
- Next, when prompted, Sign in with your Apple ID and Password
- It will now side-load the Chimera Jailbreak app on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management to trust the Chimera Jailbreak profile.
- Now you have the Chimera app on your iOS device.
- Now, before jailbreaking your device with Chimera, make sure you turn on the airplane mode, disable the Passcode, Touch ID or Face ID.
- Next Launch the Chimera app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap the Jailbreak icon
- Wait and keep patience as it will take time to Jailbreak your device. After the Jailbreaking process completes, your device will restart automatically
- Once the device restarts, you will see the Sileo app on your Home Screen
- Congratulations! You have successfully Jailbroken your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12.1.2-12. It’s simple, isn’t it?
Chimera Jailbreak is more stable than the Unc0ver Jailbreak with better UI and functionality. If your device is already Jailbroken using Unc0ver Jailbreak then you can still replace it with Chimera Jailbreak.
How to Replace Unc0ver with Chimera Jailbreak On iPhone & iPad
However, if you are unsatisfied with Unc0ver Jailbreak then you can overwrite the Jailbreak with Chimera. Unc0ver Jailbreak keeps on crashing and getting it installed on the iPhone never happens.
To replace Unc0ver with Chimera, all you need to do is follow all the steps that are mentioned above like sideloading the Chimera IPA using Cydia Impactor and Jailbreaking using the app itself.
The Chimera Jailbreak is still under construction like Cydia Substitute is yet to be updated for A12-A12X Bionic devices so do not rush! Wait for couple days until the Jailbreak becomes stable as there are many bugs on this new Jailbreak right now.
So what are your words on Chimera Jailbreak?
25 Best Compatible Unc0ver Cydia Tweaks for iOS 12-12.1.2
48 Best Cydia Sources/Repos for iOS 12.1.2-12 Unc0ver Jailbreak
Best Sn0wBoard Themes for iOS 12.1.2/12.1.1-12.0 Jailbreak [Unc0ver]
Best Anemone Themes for iPhone X Compatible with iOS 12.1.2-12, 11.3.1, 11.4 Beta 3 -11.2